Here are instructions on how to make your own Beaded Tassel Charm. I clip mine onto a plain chain to make it into a necklace, but I'm sure you could get creative and find more ways to use it.
Materials and Supplies Needed
-Seed Beads and/or Bugle Beads
-Medium Beads of your choice
-One Large Bead or Statement Piece
-Hand Sewing Needle
-Needle Nose Pliers
1. Thread your needle and string on some beads! Be sure to knot both ends securely. For this first strand use beads that are smaller than your statement piece/bead, but larger than the seed/bugle beeds. Make a design that is symetrical. This strand should be approximatly 15cm (6") long.
2. Cut a strand of chain that is slightly larger than your first strand.
3. Next I made two more strands, that were different lengths from the first two, out of seed beads and bugle beads. You can make as many of these strands as you like to vary the fullness of the tassel. For a different one that I had made I only used one strand of the smaller beads....so it's all up to you!
4. Make another strand exactly like one of the strands you just made with the smaller beads, but when you get to the end add your statement piece/bead. Don't forget to make sure all your thread ends are securely tied before you cut them. I even added some glue to the ends of some of my strands for extra strength.
5. Use your pliers to hold on to an opened jump ring, place the first strand you made onto the ring in the middle of the strand.
6. Place the center of the chain strand onto the jump ring, being sure to put the ring through one of the loops.
7. Put the remaining strands onto the ring (at their center), you will probably want to wrap the small bead strands around the ring wire so that they won't slip through. When you put the strand with the statement piece on it, don't go in the center from the bottom of the piece, but rather just the smaller beaded part (the easiest way is to line up the non-statement end with the other similar beaded strand).
Close the jump ring using your pliers.
8. Use another jump ring to attach the clasp to the first jump ring.
As you can see below you have many options on how to bead the tassels.
Now all you have to do is clip the onto your favorite necklace or chain.
Find me on:
Don't forget to share the love using the buttons below :)