Here are the instructions on making this beaded tassel belt. I know I always say my porjects are easy...but this one SERIOUSLY is!!
Materials and Supplies Needed
- Beaded Tassel Trim (I found mine in the upholstery section of my local fabric store)
-Small Tassels on Cords (I found mine at the local dollar store)
-Thread to Match
-Clear Tape (Optional)
1. Cut your beaded trim so that it is a few inches smaller than your waist. (Tape around the trim where you are going to cut, and cut in the middle of the tape, this will help keep the ends from fraying too much.)
2. Take one of your cords that has the tassels attached and fold it in half, wrap one end of the beaded trim around the middle of the cord so that the wrong side is on the inside (closest to the cord) and tape into place (or just hold).
3. Thread your needle and knot the end, start sewing the trim around the cord. I did this by hand sewing so that my thread went around the cord in circles making sure to catch all the layers in my stitches. Keep hand sewing untill everything is secure, and fraying will almost be impossible. Knot ends, and cut thread.
4. Repeat on opposite end. Remove Tape.
If you are unable to find a beaded trim with such a nice ribbon part you can always find a trim that matched and sew the decorative trim onto the beaded trim.
If you can't find tassels that are attached to rope you can also make that part yourself as well!