I have wanted to use my glass stone thingys I found at the Dollar Store for quite some time now, but I was having a hard time figuring out how. First I attempted to drill a hole through the top of the stones, so I could use them as very large beads, but that didn't work, so I had to resort to wrapping them in wire.
Materials and Supplies
- Heavyish Wire (20-26 Gauge)
-Large Glass Stone
-Needle Nose Pliers
-Pronged Pliers (Optional)
-Necklace or Chain to attach the Charm to
1. Cut a piece of wire approximatly 50cm (20") long. Fold it in half and place your stone in the middle lengthwise, twist the wire at the top to enclose the stone.
2. Wrap the wire down at an angle, and then wrap both ends of wire randomly around the stone making sure that there is no space that the stone could slide out. Make sure you leave your ends long enough to make a loop at the top. Pull your ends upwards.
3. If you have one end that's a bit shorter, wrap it around the longer wire using your pliers.
4. Make a loop with the twisted wire at the top of your charm. Use your pliers to wrap the excess wire around the base of the loop.
5. Using your pliers attach the clasp to the loop with a jump ring.