I always love to figure out new ways to use up my scrap fabric. This necklace is super easy to make, and absolutely perfect for summer!
- Scrap Fabric
1. Draw your shape onto a piece of cardboard.
2. Cut out your shape.
3. Paint mod podge onto one side of cardboard design.
4. Press painted side down onto wrong side of scrap fabric.
5. Cut little slits (pie shape) on the fabric that sits in the hole of the design. Trim the remaining fabric around the circle so that there's only 1cm left.
5. Paint remaining cardboard side with mod podge and press the fabric edges in all around the disc. Paint more mod podge over top the backside of the disc.
8. You can paint on an additional layer of mod podge over the whole disc to give it a glossy finish.
I finished my necklace by looping 2 pieces of rope (approximately 15" long each) through the center of the disc, and tying ribbons made of scrap fabric to the ends.
The design options for this project are endless, the main idea here was to take a piece of cardboard and some scrap fabric and make a pendant to use in a necklace.
Find me on:
Don't forget to share the love using the buttons below :)