I love pizza! Unfortunately pizza isn't the healthiest choice....but there are some great healthy crust alternatives. I love cauliflower crust pizza, but sometimes I just don't want to take the time to make it.
A few weeks ago I had pizza on my mind, but I didn't want all the carbs (or calories). I remembered that I had some sliced ham in the fridge, and thought why not just make a pizza-like snack with the ham as the crust, and then build the pizza up from there.
So easy...and so yummy...and better yet much lower in calories! The ham I used had 60 calories for 3 pieces...meaning one "crust" only had 20! Of course these are little pizzas, but one is about the size of a slice. The perfect snack...or eat it as a meal with a salad on the side!
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper so your meat won't get stuck!
2. Lay out a slice of meat of your choice onto the sheet.
3. Spread a little sauce of your choice onto your meat.
4. Top with cheese and any other additional toppings.
5. Place in the oven under the broiler for a few minutes until your cheese is nice and bubbly.
I made my pizza with a Ham "crust", Pizza Sauce, Mozza Cheese, Black Olives and Chopped Parsley.
With many different types of cold cut meats there are so many different pizza flavours to be made!
Some other options include:
Thai Chicken- Chicken "crust", Peanut Sauce, Cheese, Chives & Sprouts
BBQ Chicken- Chicken "crust", BBQ sauce, Cheese & Chives
Hawaiian- Ham "crust", Pizza Sauce, Cheese, Pineapple
Chicken Alfredo- Chicken "crust", Alfredo Sauce, Mozza Cheese
The options are endless!